70 mm x 24 in Collagen Casings (Non-Edible)
70 mm x 24 in Collagen Casings
A great casing choice for salami, summer sausage, soppressata, and Euro-style sausages. These casings have about a 5 lb stuffing capacity. Excellent for curing, smoking, or cooking many types of sausages. Collagen is a natural protein coated casing, so this casing will adhere very well to meat during and through the cooking and drying process. They are inedible collagen casings and need to be prepared by the rule of 15, which is 15 minutes soaking, 15 degrees C (60 degree F), in a 15% salt solution.
- 5 lb stuffing capacity
- Sold in bundles of 25
- These are casings with a 2.96" diameter and overall length of 24 inches
- Great for salami, summer sausage, and soppressata
- Do not overstuff for best results.
- Rule of 15: 15 minutes soaking, 15 degrees C (60 degree F), 15% salt solution
- A replacement for natural beef middles
- Non-edible collagen casings
Walton’s Meat Recipes
Meat Processing FAQ - Answers for Issues or Questions
Do you have questions or issues with your sausage, jerky, or cured meat processing? Walton's and Meatgistics created an FAQ Processing Document that covers the most common issues with meat processing. We included the most likely causes of the issue and what can be done to fix it or prevent it from happening when you are processing in the future!