MEATER Thermometer - Plus
A truly wireless thermometer with 165 max Bluetooth range! No more crimped cords coming out of your grill and connecting to a base unit, the MEATER Plus Thermometer is a wireless probe thermometer that connects to its base unit without any wires. You can then connect to your smartphone up to 165 feet away from that base. If you have a second smart device such as an Ipad or tablet you can connect that to the base and then you can access your MEATER Thermometer from anywhere that you can connect to the cloud! The probe also acts as both an internal temperature thermometer and an ambient temperature thermometer at the same time!
- 165 ft. bluetooth range
- Stainless Steel, water resistant, and easy to clean
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connection
- Maximum internal temperature: 212°F (meat)
- Maximum ambient temperature: 527°F (cooker)
- Rechargeable; Over 24 hours of continuous cooking
- Dims: 130mm length and 6mm diameter
- Store and charge your MEATER probe
- Magnetic backing: Attach anywhere
- Charges MEATER up to 100 times with one AAA battery
- Real wood to match any kitchen or outdoor decor
- LED indicator to show battery state
- Dims:157mm L x 37mm W x 28mm H
- Meater and Meater+ are both Thermocouple Thermometers
Walton’s Meat Recipes
What is Instant Lethality?
Instant Lethality is the temperature at which all bacteria and microorganisms that we worry about in meat processing will instantly be killed. For beef and pork sausage this is 160°F and for poultry it is 165°F. This applies to whole muscle for beef and pork, you can cook whole muscle cuts of those proteins to far lower temperatures because very little if any, bacteria lives on the inside of the muscle, only on the outside of the product. This means that cooking the internal temperature to 130° means that the outside of the meat has almost certainly been cooked past the point of instant lethality.